The learners can check their Ignou admission status by name or enrollment number on the university official website. The Indira Gandhi National Open University has created a webpage on its website where both new and old students can check the registration or re-registration status.
Students who have taken new admission in July or January academic cycles can check their status of admission anytime by visiting the website at www.ignou.ac.in. Also, there are many students who have filled up their re-registration form or re-admission form, they can also check their status online.
The students will be able to check the following things on the university official website :
- Registration Status By Name – Click here
- Admission / Registration Status by Enrollment Number – Click here
- P.hD/ M.Phil Programme Admission Status- Click here
- Re Admission / Credit Transfer Status- Click here
- Change of Elective / Medium / Programme Queries- Click here
- Registration / Re-Registration details- Click here
If the learners want to check the admission status by name, then they have to enter their Name, Programme Code, Regional Centre and Date of Birth. Or if they already know their enrollment number, then they just need to enter their nine digit enrollment number and Programme Code to check their status.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University provides admission to the students from all over the world to its various programmes such as Master Degree, Bachelor Degree, Diploma and Certificate. The admission is provided twice in a year for most of the disciplines i.e. in January and July academic cycles.
Some of the programmes are Bachelor Preparatory Programme(BPP), BDP, BA, B.Ed, B.Sc., B.Com, BCA, BSW, BTS, B.Lib, M.Phil, Ph.D, M.Sc, M.Com, MBA, MCA, MSW, M.Ed, MA English (MEG), MA Hindi (MHD), MA Political Science (MPS), etc.
After filling up the admission form and submitting the programme fee at Ignou regional centre, the students are not provided with any kind of admission confirmation immediately.They do not provide or receipt which will be the confirmation that the student has been admitted in the university for some discipline.
The applicants has been instructed to take the photocopy of the admission form and the fee demand draft for the future reference in case of any discrepancy.
Because of this, the learners remain in the state of confusion whether their admission is confirmed or not. They remain unsure about their admission in the university even after one month. To avoid such situation, the university has mentioned the link on its official website to check Ignou Registration Status.
How to check Ignou Admission Status Online?
- You need to open up the university website : www.ignou.ac.in
- Then follow the path : Home > Student Support > Student Zone> Admission-> Registration Status
- Here click on the appropriate link on the page to check your admission status.
- As soon as you fill in all the required details and click on the submit button, your admission details will be published on your computer or mobile screen. You can save it on your device for future reference or take print out of it.